Saturday, August 2, 2014

I've Just Seen A Face

 
If I have yet to mention it, I am obsessed with The Beatles. Call me old school, but they are my favorite band to listen to, to watch, and to learn about. They are brilliant musicians, in my opinion, and I love the fun they appeared to have in making music.

This week I went to the Rain Beatles Tribute concert, and it was amazing! I loved the atmosphere, because the band's stage presence was spot on. The members really got into the characters of each Beatle. There were also some TV screens that showed recordings of fans from the 60s, along with other Beatle related videos. From the mop tops to the suits, the costumes were another spectacular piece that I loved. The concert had three different sets focusing on the beginning, middle, and end of their career together. 

Being me, I decided to dress up a bit. I had found this lovely Beatles' faces fabric and bought all of it. All of the Beatles are represented in cartoon form in the primary colors. I thought it would be quite fab to make a dress with the fabric. I made this cute little shift dress to embody the 60s as I see it. I lined the dress in red and added an invisible zipper. It was a lot of fun to make and it is my all time favorite pattern to use. I paired my newly refurbished oxfords with some nice orange-yellow tights. The tights definitely fit the mood of the 60s, and also doubled as warmth from the cold rain.

Even though it rained as a prelude to Rain, my dress, shoes, and spirit held up. I was the only die-hard fan who had dressed up, but I wasn't really expecting the older crowds to get into that sort of spirit of it all. But I was glad I did dress up, cause it was a nice opportunity to show off my Beatles love!!!


Dress: Custom. Shoes: Custom. Tights: Kohl's            

No comments:

Post a Comment