Monday, July 28, 2014

Painted Dapper Oxfords

I should dub this the summer of a million and one projects, because that's what it feels like I've done. However, it doesn't really seem like it, as I have yet to document any of them. So I'll begin with one of the projects I just finished: refurbishing my old oxford lace ups.

These shoes are definitely my most loved. They have been on two Disney trips, lived through two summers, and have even gone to New York. Sadly, my mom thought they were looking rather raggedy, but I just couldn't part from my beloved shoes. So I did what I do best, make them to what I want.

I had plenty of fabric paint and odds and ends left over from other craft projects. Armed with only a vague idea and some black and white paint, I decided to dapper up my out of shape oxfords. After a few coats of black paint, I could see the new life in the shoes. The white weaving, tongue, and dots helped to accent those areas. I used some black ribbon as the laces, using my heat embossing gun to make sure the ends don't fray. Finally, some matte paint sealer went over everything to ensure none of the paint rubs off on other things.

I really like the color choices, and I could see wearing them all the time once fall rolls around. Overall, I am pretty pleased that I get to hold on to my favorite shoes for a bit longer. Hopefully, they still have a few trips left in them!

No comments:

Post a Comment