Saturday, September 6, 2014

Either You've Dot it, Or You Don't

 
Unfortunately, I have been a bit preoccupied with the ever-daunting tasks the beginning of the school year provides, so I am sorry I have not posted lately. Here's a nice outfit post to reboot my blogging.
 
My love of all things mod was evident this summer, as I scoured stores online and at the mall for a nice pair of knee socks. Thankfully, I found this adorable pair of crocheted ivory ones from Wetseal. Being quintessentially mod, these knee socks have already been quite handy, especially with the unseasonably cold weather I've endured of late.
 
Otherwise, the rest of this outfit's pieces are treasured classics from my closet. I just adore how well the circle skirt matches with my Beatles shirt. The polka dots give it more youthful, whimsical feel. Circle skirts make any t-shirt ten million times cuter, and they are pretty simple to sew! The Beatles shirt was quite a find, as I stumbled upon their men's Beatles collection. Although it was disheartening they had no girl's shirts, I think the shirt meshes well with the highly feminine skirt. Finally, my kids sized ballet flats feature little Mickey Mouse heads which are rather adorable.
 
Hopefully, once school calms down I will have more time to sew and document my processes. I've started to create a new mod number, with faux red suede and faux black leather. I will be posting pictures soon I promise! Overall, it was a lovely last day of summer and I am already looking forward to my next round of freedom: Winter Break.
 
Shirt: Bloomingdales.  Skirt: Sewn by me. Socks: Wetseal. Shoes: Disney World.



No comments:

Post a Comment